Ace (Ajax.org Cloud9 Editor) integration for MODx Revolution. Ace Provides best syntax highlighting and desktop-editors behavior (Sublime, Vim, Textmate) in your Elements, Files and Resources (when wysiwyg is disabled). It comes with 28 color schemes.
This editor is used in GitHub, Cloud9 IDE, Acebug and other projects.
For now the editor supports drag'n'drop of chunks, snippets, resources and files from MODx Tree.
This project is hosted on github here. Please feel free to leave comments/suggestions.
Here is the support forum thread for Ace.
May 15, 2022
2.0 - Current
Install via Package Management.
Set editor theme you wish in system settings (change namespace to "ace").
If you want to use this editor for resources, just set system option use_editor to false (global usage), or richtext setting of certain resource to false (specific usage).
New in 1.9.3-pl
- Updated: Move settings into an own file [#12]
- Fixed: Ace TV input [#11]
- Fixed: Prevent PHP warning: Undefined variable $field [#10]
- Updated: Corrected search form [#8]
- Added: TV input Ace field [#9]
- Fixed: Changed fonts
- Updated: emmet.js with the support flex css styles and many other combinations
- Added: autodetecting file mode by modelist.js [#7]
- Added: new modes from ace-builds for version 1.2.0
- Added: autocompletion for php functions.
- Added: new system setting "ace.grow".
- Added: new system setting "ace.html_elements_mime".
- Added: "Twig" syntax for support of Twig in chunks.
- Changed: Plugin is not static anymore.
- Fixed: Support of emmet in smarty mode. Again.
- Fixed: Support of emmet in smarty mode.
- Fixed: Editor mode handling.
- Added: "Markdown" syntax for mime type "text/x-markdown".
- Fixed : Work with enabled system setting "compress_js".
- Added: "Smarty" syntax for support of Fenom in chunks.
- Updated: Ace to version 1.2.0.
- Fixed: Bug with narrowing of the textarea.
- Changed: Assets are moved back to /assets/
- Fixed: MODx tag completions (was completely broken)
- Added: Editor height setting
- Added: MODx tag completions (Ctrl+Space)
- Fixed: Issue caused AjaxManager (MODx Manager speed booster plugin) tree drag'n'drop bug
- Added: Undo coalescing
- Changed: Mac fullscreen command is bound to Command+F12
- Added: Drag delay (allow to start new selection inside current one) for Mac
- Fixed: Use file extension of static chunks to detect code syntax
- Fixed: Tab handling
- Fixed: Emmet shortcut listing by Ctr+Alt+H
- Added: Expandable snippets support (see ace.snippets setting)
- Added: Emmet wrap_with_abbreviation command (Alt+W)
- Added: Emmet (aka Zen Coding) support
- Added: Terminal dark theme
- Added: Hotkey table (Ctrl+Alt+H)
- Fixed: Resource overview fatal error
- Changed: Assets are moved to /manager/assets/components/
- Added: PHP live syntax check
- Added: Chaos dark theme
- Added: Setting show_invisibles
- Fixed: The bug while installing the Ace
- Fixed: Broken word_wrap setting
- Added: Tab settings (tab size, soft tab)
- Added: Now completele compatible with AjaxManager extra
- Changed: Plugin content now is stored in static file
- Added: German translation
- Added: MODx tags highlighting
- Added: Ambiance and xcode themes
- Added: less/scss syntax highlighting
- Added: Fullwindow mode (Ctrl + F11)
- Changed: Editor now ignores
use_editorto false to use ACE for Resources.
- Changed: Assets are moved to manager folder
- Added: Font size setting
- Added: "GitHub" theme
- Added: Support of html5 drag'n'drop (accepting of dropped text)
- Added: XML / HTML tag autoclosing
- Fixed: broken en lexicon and php 5.3 incompatibility
- Removed: Some unnecessary options
- Changed: Editor options are moved to system settings
- Fixed: Multiple little editor bugs
- Added: Add missing "OnFileEditFormPrerender" event to MODx
- Added: Multiline editing
- Added: Advanced find/replace window
- Fixed: Fatal error on document create event
- Fixed: Changing of properties has no effect
- Added: File edition support
- Added: MODx tree elements drag'n'drop support
- Added: Auto-assigning which_element_editor to Ace
- Added: Plugin properties to adjust how Ace behaves
- Initial commit