Babel is an Extra for MODx Revolution that helps you to manage your multilingual websites using different contexts. Babel even supports managing several different multilingual websites within one MODx instance by using so-called context groups.
Babel maintains links between translated resources. In the manager you can use the Babel Box to easily switch between the different language versions of your resources. Translations can be created automatically by Babel or defined manually.
Additionally, Babel can be used to synchronize certain template variables (TVs) of translated resources which should be the same in every context (language).
February 7, 2024
2.4 - Current
Install via package manager and fill the system setting 'babel.contextKeys' with a comma separated list of context keys which should be used to link multilingual resources.
New in 3.2.0-pl
- Code refactoring
- Modernized the user experience
- Show the Babel button only on resources in contexts referenced in 'babel.contextKeys' system setting
- Show the context column in the custom manager page only for contexts referenced in 'babel.contextKeys' system setting
- System settings tab in custom manager page
- Change the Babel button text by the 'babel.displayText' system setting (language, context or combination)
- Show all contexts in the Babel button by disabling the 'babel.restrictToGroup' system setting
- New snippet property 'restrictToGroup' for the BabelLinks snippet.